This workshop took individuals through EU-funded project management from contract negotiations to final reporting, explaining the reasons behind many of the activities as well the requirements for successful and cost-effective project management. Designed to support those responsible for EU-funded projects, the programme put EU-funding opportunities in context and explored the project cycle. The workshop aimed to support good management practice, effective decision-making and internal communication, implementation, reporting and external dissemination. Participants gained sufficient knowledge to successfully manage EU-funded projects, but also participate effectively in more in-depth training, as necessary. The workshop targeted primarily academics or other staff from public, private and non-profit sectors from both EU and non-EU countries new to project management or who wanted to refresh their knowledge with the advent of Horizon2020.
2. Programme Outline
Monday, 17th November 2014: Introduction
- EC Structure and EU Programmes
- Basics of project management méthodologies
- Introduction to EU-funded projects
Tuesday, 18th November 2014: Project Development & Management
- Description of Work, objectives, deliverables and milestones
- Consortium building: Before and afterwards
- Management of the project start (kick-off)
- Management of work packages and project results
- Financial planning, management and control
Wednesday, 19th November 2014: Reporting and quality
- Project management structure, procedures and tools
- Quality assurance
- Exploitation and sustainability: Methods and models
- Managing project close-down
- Intellectual Property Rights management with a focus on SMEs
Thursday, 20th November 2014: Dissemination and communication
- Fundamentals of IPR for researchers
- Practical IPR management in collaborative research projects
- Getting your paper published
- Open access publications: EC perspective
- Dissemination and communication: Introduction
- Better communication: developing skills amongst your researchers
- Q& A/ feedback session/ close
– for more information about each lecture, download the Supplementary Information (w.e.f. 28/10/2014).
– for more information about the lecturers – CLICK HERE
Presentations of the lecturers are available for EuroFIR Members only.
To download the presentations, you need to be first logged in the website and then click HERE.
EuroFIR AISBL email: email@example.com or call +32 2 626 2901