FINANCIAL ASSISTANT (20 h per week)
We are seeking a financial assistant to support management of the Association, and ensure accurate and timely reporting of research activities. This part-time role (20h per week) is based at EuroFIR’s Offices in Brussels (BE) but the candidate would work closely with individuals and organisations across Europe although travel is not anticipated.
Required education and experience:
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting and have one to two years’ experience in a financial/ accountancy role.
Job description: Outline
1. Overall task: Provide support for financial management of all EU projects (40%)
- Maintenance of financial records for each project monthly
- Review timesheets and update financial reporting as required
- Prepare, review and update expenditure for all EU-funded projects monthly
- Forecast of spending/ budget remaining quarterly
- Make payments to beneficiaries, third parties and sub-contractors, as required
2. Provide financial support for office (60%)
- Prepare, review and update invoices for Membership, and report late payments
- Record office expenditure and make payments to suppliers etc.
- Prepare, review and update annual budget, financial statements and other financial reports, assuring compliance with best practice and standards
- Preparing periodic reports comparing budgets with actual costs and include payment scheduling, analysis of variations, proposed corrective actions, etc. as required
- Calculate taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment and reporting best practice and standards
- Review and pay expenses claims from staff, Directors and Members
- Ensure correct and timely completion of payroll
You will find more information here.
Send your application with curriculum vitae and covering letter in English explaining your reasons for applying should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected starting date: as soon as possible!