SENIOR FOOD & NUTRITION DATA SCIENTIST
EuroFIR AISBL is seeking a Senior Food and Nutrition Data Scientist (part-time, 20 hours/per week).
We are seeking an experienced food and nutrition data scientist to support EuroFIR in providing members' benefit and ensuring delivery on a number of EU-funded food and nutrition research projects.
- Technical updating of existing food data and addition of new food composition datasets;
- Contributing to the needs of ongoing EU-funded research projects on food waste, consumer-generated data and lifestyle information, personalised nutrition, and seafood
products as well as helping to secure new funding via research and innovation proposals;
- Training and support for food composition and nutrition data users.
Required education & experience
- MBA, Pg.Dip, PhD, MSc., BSc or equivalent AND
- Experience in compilation, management and use of food composition and nutrition data
- Capacity to deliver projects independently from end-to-end
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Excellent IT and computer literacy
- Excellent team player and willing to work with virtual teams
- Good communication skills and ability to explain ideas to non-experts
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Availability to travel independently and work flexibly, as required
Salary and other benefits are negotiable according to CV and previous experience
Belgium: Brussels (flexible)
Employed part-time (20 hours per week)
1st April 2018
Travel and subsistence costs will be reimbursed as necessary
Closing date for applications:
18/02/2018, 20:00 (CET - Brussels time)