In 2015, EuroFIR focused on food composition and exposure assessment, supported by TDS-Exposure and many of our members, and how food compilers might use FoodCASE. The Annual Symposium, an opportunity to network and catching up with members and others from all over the world, explored the current status and plans for a food and health research infrastructure in Europe based on the activities of several EU-funded projects, networks and commercial platforms.
You can find more information about the EuroFIR Food Forum 2015 below:
Day 1 to 3: Food Composition and Exposure Assessment Workshop
Monday 23rd to Wednesday 25th March 2015
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the identification of substances and populations for total diet studies (TDS), selection of foods for TDS and food composition studies, and the differences between studies examining contaminants and nutrients or bioactive compounds
- Understand differences between LanguaL and FoodEx, and learn how to use these systems and FoodCase in TDS or food composition studies
- Recognise which methods are appropriate for TDS and food composition studies, and the certainty and quality control of results.
Day 3 to 4 : EuroFIR Annual Symposium | EuroFIR Work Groups Meetings | 6th GAWednesday 25th March to Thursday 26th March 2015 Wednesday 25th March 2015
- FoodCase User Group Meeting (EuroFIR members only)
- EuroFIR Work Groups Meetings (Technical & Food Comp Groups) (EuroFIR members only)
- EuroFIR Symposium (public) – Click here for more information
- EuroFIR General Assembly (EuroFIR members only)
Day 5 : Advanced FoodCASE workshopFriday 27th March 2015
Compilers learnt to:
- Become more familiar with FoodCASE
- Search and find information in FoodCASE
- Get to know more about workflow and most important functionalities of FoodCASE
- Input new references, foods and values (incl. duplicate and borrow function)
Compilers practiced how to:
- Aggregate foods (incl. fatty acid conversion and borrow function)
- Calculate recipes
- Change or delete entries
- Perform mass operations
Compilers got to know the functionalities of the Admin Client of FoodCASE, including:
- Manage user profiles
- Manage user thesauri
- Manage database versions
- Run a data quality analysis
- Export and import data
- Perform basic data quality checks (within the compiler client and with the data quality analysis tool)
- File bugs in the Redmine system (optional)
Full week programme overviewClick on the image below to view the full week programme.
Venue InformationOur Food Forum 2015 took place at Science 14 Atrium, 14B Rue de la Science, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.
Trackback from your site.